Saturday 15 March 2014

Who?

Well long time no post, or it feels like anyway. I hope everyone is doing okay.
Things are pretty confusing right now, I'm in a weird position where I should be excited but instead I just have a low level hum of discontent happening. We're going to Canada, from Vancouver to Halifax via rail and plane, we'll be seeing a lot of Canada, my mum will be having a Birthday in Vancouver, we'll be gone for 5 weeks the longest ever so far. I'll be getting a taste of Canada. But. But, what if I hate it? Then I'll have no hazy future plan. What if it's a terrible trip? One of us gets sick and is miserable. There are just so many what if's, and compounding my low level worry is: where the hell is flight MH-370? Seriously. Those poor families still waiting. Awful.
There is also the small matter that Lana Del Rey is having a concert in Toronto while I'm there.....I've been wanting to go see her but being in Aus tours are far and few between. So should I get tickets and go? I want to. But I have to think of my mother too, she'll go if I want but I don't want her to have an awful time......*sigh*
I've seen my head doctor a couple more times, she seems confident and sure but I'm still wavering in really believing her-if I do give in then I can dare plan for the future, as it is I daydream a bit but I don't let myself have too many future plans or dreams because I can't see how I can possibly get there, if I do that it has the potential to be crushing. I live on a low level of unhappiness as it is but having that hope.....and losing it? Maybe disastrous result. But I really want to believe her, believe that there is a hope I can learn to cope and go out on my own. I don't know what to do or what to believe. I'd love to think I can make a plan to head off for 2 years overseas on my own, but really is that realistic? And if so how long should I wait to do that? I suppose I should ask her that but she has made it clear it's a series of steps with no time limits. Hum. I got nuthin.
On the right side I've finally found a pair of ballet flats that fit and I Thai restaurant I like.....it's an hour away but still soooo good.
Vanessa

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the Canada trip! If you're going for 5 weeks then I don't think anyone's likely to get a sickness covering that entire time, so if someone gets sick for a bit then there will still be other bits to enjoy. Similarly, I'm sure your mum could give Lana Del Ray a try for one evening, and if she doesn't like it then it's only a few hours of her time. You're allowed to put yourself first sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully it'll all go okay! My mum has this thing with her foot that can be a serious issue and can, sadly, last for ages.......but fingers crossed it doesn't pop up!
      Lana Del Rey is a moot point as she's all sold out :(
      Vanessa

      Delete