Saturday 15 June 2013

How did I not know this?!

Monica Cruz (ie the equally beautiful sister of Penelope cruz) had a baby. Not such exciting stuff. The exciting part? Her baby was conceived with donor sperm!! And she's been open and honest about it. I love her so hard right now :) It gives hope to me also, Monica is knockout beautiful, yet she couldn't find someone to settle down with (or perhaps she just didn't want to) so she went it alone-proof it's not that there's something wrong with us (me). And if I'm still single at 36 (only 10 years away...eeppp!!) I have hope that this will be a decision I'll get to make, whether or not I chose for or against isn't really the point, isn't it fabulous to have that option?
Vanessa

3 comments:

  1. It's a very brave thing to decide to bring a child into this world alone. It's hard enough with two people. When you have means and a strong support system, it can work just as well as a traditional family. Unless I have to, like get married to someone that wants children (lol), no babies for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I'm struggling with it :( Because what I really want of course is the usual family. And I can't help but wonder if I had a partner if I'd even want kids........I'm not a baby hugger....but I think I'd get to mid thirties and think yeah, why not! I'd like to travel and live life a bit first though :)
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also I sometimes think I'm just jealous of people who seem to do (know?) what's expected so easily......why can't it just be that simple for me? Why do one day I want kids and others I don't? Why do I sometimes think I can't be bothered fitting a man into my life and others would give up everything for one?
    Weird.
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete