Thursday 13 February 2014

What next? What now? And how?

So as I see it I have a few options, all have pros and cons of course, but anyway here they are:
# I can do an evaluation and start wherever I need to then work through to the level of math I'll need-problems with this? It may take 2 years and there is no guarantee I still won't stumble as I reach the tougher stuff.
# I can forget the whole math business and try for something english based-problems with this? Nothing english based really jumps out at me. Harder to travel with one of these.
# I can forget the whole thing and work on getting travel ready and head off for a couple of years world travel before coming back and wading back in. By doing this I'm using up my chance of getting a work visa post degree as I'll have passed the cut off. I can still get a student one though.
# I can muddle about here and try and restart the family business. The only thing wrong with this is it's going to keep me isolated and I'm not going to meet new people.

I'm not really sure what to do. My sister has made such a drama over this it's unreal! We're both in the same boat math wise but she's making out it's mainly my fault that I'm such a dunce at math that I'm holding her back-hence we are both headed to the math evaluation. She is admittedly better then me, and will likely head into year 12 level with not too many issues, whereas I suspect I'll be heading into year 10 level to start. I'm hoping it'll take a max of 1 year to catch up.......but I can't find any solid info from anyone whose done that or who can tell if it's realistic or not to try. Theres no point pushing through in 1 year if I can' remember/understand it anyway. It's a serious pickle to be in. These math units are offered as part of a whole course, it also includes intro chem and bio too, I think it's be smart to take those classes too but my sister doesn't want to and I can't drive myself. Anyway it sucks.

And just to add to the unrest a hobby league ice hockey club has started up, they say the accept people who've never skated, I'd love to go but my anxiety stops me. It's frustrating.

I also can't help but wonder if I just really am not that bright and should forget it.
Vanessa
PS I managed to miss the 2nd episode of Sherlock. I'm that hopeless. I'm really loving True Detective.....Rust reminds me a bit if myself. I laughed when he got banned by Marty from philosophising in the car :)

4 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you're feeling this way. If you believe that getting a degree is what will secure you a career and other opportunities than it would be worth it take put your all into it even though you think you won't do too well. Until you do, you won't know, right? It's a good thing you have fall back options.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah totally true.....I think for me the really big thing is the time factor....it just keeps creeping on without me or so it would seem.
      Vanessa

      Delete
  2. I agree with Vestalis Noir that it's good that you have options and that you've identified them and are thinking about them. All of them sound like they have some things going for them. Whatever happens, I hope that you can be less intertwined with your sister soon - it sounds like your relationship could do with some space and time apart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I spend a lot of time thinking LOL
      Yes relying on someone else is a recipe for disaster. It's my own fault though really, I need her but she doesn't need me and she knows it.
      Vanessa

      Delete