Sunday 22 September 2013

Maybe, maybe......

Maybe I'm getting close to finally being registered at the incel forum.......there have apparently been no new members for over 12 months but they are working on it now. So fingers crossed in the next couple months I'll be able to finally post-I've been itching to reply to a few posts, just a 'me too!' type thing. I don't know why it helps to feel like you're part of a group, that you fit in somewhere but it does. They seem like a pretty tight group, which can be problematic for newbies sometimes, but they seem excited for new blood so hopefully not! In the mean time I'm gearing up to plant a veggie garden and trying to track down a few hens to add to the four I've already got-hopefully either Maran's or Welsummer's, who both lay big brown eggs :) There's nothing quiet like homegrown eggs and veggies! This will also be the third round of me vs watermelon. So far it's 2 nil in the watermelons favour, as I live in a cold climate (Canadians you can all stop snickering, sure it may never snow but it is cold for Australia. Besides have you got any watermelons to your name?) so getting from seed to ripened melon is a tight window and it all has to go just right with no late or early frosts or bam dead melons. I've managed to get them up to within a week or so of being ripe but I've never managed to get an edible one yet-so wish me luck ;)
Vanessa

4 comments:

  1. Hi Vanessa, I found your blog from your comments on A Pear By Herself (and I think we both follow some other blogs too.) I just read your older posts - I was really sorry to hear about your sister and your father. And all the bullying at school too - really a rough start in life. I think it sounds like you're doing a great job of connecting with other bloggers (you've replied to virtually every comment on your blog! And left lots of comments on others) and you've got ideas about possibilities for the future, even if sometimes they seem like a big struggle. You sound smart and insightful so I think you can find a way.

    I was a fairly late bloomer myself - my dating life was virtually zero until I was 23 or 24 (I'm 34 now) - so I feel like I can relate somewhat to blogs like yours and others in this circle. I too felt like I had a secret that I was hiding from people I knew. I wasn't a blogger back then - maybe it would have helped me! I plan to follow your blog now and maybe offer thoughts if I have them, although most of your blog circle seem to be women, so do let me know if having a male commenter seems like an intrusion on the female bonding and sharing - I won't be offended!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Matt,
    Yeah it all seemed to go wrong for a while there! I like being part of an online community I think it's nice to feel like you're helping others out or that they're helping you out, of course sometimes it all falls by the wayside but hopefully not too often! No problems I like any kind of reader/commenter, the more the merrier :)
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every time I lurk on that forum, I end up in tears...

    I admire anyone that can nuture living things from the earth. Unfortunately, I did not inherit my mother's green thumb. I hope you can post some pictures of your hens! Such a cool hobby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It can be confronting for sure, but there are a lot of people there who can relate, give positive feedback and some who have even managed to succeed, I think its good to have another outlet for those of us who have trouble with this sort of thing....it's like AA for virgins....LOL
      I'm pretty good with growing stuff (except strawberries....they don't like me) and I'm good with animals.....if people were judged on making friendships with critters I'd do well :) Sure I'll post some pics of the hens sometime.....they never stay still for long so they might be blurry! If you think hens are cool, I once had a milking cow....now she was cool :))
      Vanessa

      Delete