Saturday 28 September 2013

Photoshopped? Probably.

I thought I had a pretty good grasp of photoshopping, we all know magazines do it and not to believe everything we see......but I didn't have a grasp of just how much things are photoshopped. Literally every single thing in celeb pics is photoshopped, hair, teeth, eyes, skin, elbows, knees, legs, waist, boobs....just wow...I never realised! I mean I knew they 'touched up' pics up but I didn't know they changed everything. And not just that but a lot of the selfies and fitspiration pics are heavily photoshopped too. Average people photo shop their pics! Why? It just makes us all want something that, actually, doesn't exist. Take Victoria Secret models, beautiful women who are near perfect. Do you know they photoshop the hell out of them? Even when they are near perfect to begin with? And even worse-they photoshop TV and movies too! So nothing you're seeing is as is. I remember seeing the foreign version of The girl with the dragon tattoo and being amazed at how the actors had pores and fine lines and one of the lady actors had a little belly when she took her top off.......she still looked incredible but real too. Then I watched the hollywood version and realised just how much they edit the hell outa everything, unneeded I think, I like to see real people-what about you? Anyhow check out http://www.pinterest.com/indyink/dont-compare-yourself-to-celebrities/ to see just how much they edit things-I'm sure you'll be surprised, I was.
Vanessa

2 comments:

  1. Knowing this still doesn't stop me from me from wanting to be perfect. I always feel like since I'm being compared to a very unfair and Eurocentric ideal, I'm swimming against the tide added to how I already feel about my looks. But still do my best to combat it when I can. Thanks for the link to that pinboard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes me too. But it really helps to see just how 'fake' those images are. I feel slightly better about labeling them 'unattainable' now, whereas before I thought maybe if you work hard enough....
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete