Tuesday 19 November 2013

Do you have to justify dreams?

I really want to live in Canada for an extended period. If you asked me where I got the idea from or why I couldn't really tell you. I just do, it just is and has been for 3 or so years now.......probably starting around the time I meet my Dutch solo backpacker friend who's now having a baby. People change. I might change. But is it wrong to want something that has no solid reasoning or justification? I'm not the only one as the following links prove:
http://canaussie.com/
http://annasnextadventure.blogspot.com.au/
http://mademoisellemtl.canaussie.com/
http://marmitetomaple.wordpress.com/

I can't keep waiting around and daydreaming about the things I want to do. I can't wait around for someone to do them with either. It's scary but I don't want to look back and think, well, fear sure ruined my life didn't it. It's scary and it's hard and I'm sure the first part is going to worse then my comfy little comfort zone-but I can't stay here forever.
Still I sometimes feel like I'm crazy for just wanting to uproot and head off, maybe it's the thought of being a 'new' person? Or perhaps it's that being a bit odd likely won't stand out as much in a foreigner?
Whenever I start looking into it seriously or trying to plan ahead I just end up feeling a bit silly, a lot could change in the next few years-am I being sensible pinning hopes on this? What if my mum gets sick? The list goes on.
Vanessa
PS It appears the Incel forums are down again-this is weird as they were down for four days but no one commented on it......I wonder if it's just me?

2 comments:

  1. Oh I have been there. First on doing my masters, I kept telling myself, I have time, I will have more money later, it's not really necessary and so on and on, but it was something I had to do, for myself. And then, when I wanted to do it overseas, I started to think, but my parents are getting old, do I really want to go live in a foreign culture etc. But one day I woke up and realised, if I don't do it now, I never will. My parents will just be getting older and I will just be sitting around wondering whether I should have gotten things done earlier, etc.

    In my opinion, moving to another country always bring up some questions that are difficult to answer but sometimes you have to just take the plunge. There's no harm in planning to move to Canada in a few years, things might change, but what if they don't too much? Moving overseas, as I am finding now:p , can take a fair bit of paperwork. Maybe take some more time to think it through, but in the mean time you can start the process so that at least you have the option in the future. Just my 2 cents =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) Very true too. I do want to, the main thing scary thing is I feel like I've got the life experience and capabilities of a 16 year old-and what sane person would turn one of them completely loose in a foreign country? ;) But still I want to so I guess I'll try. I really wish the age limit on work visa's was 35, then I'd have some extra time to do my masters and get sorted. Maybe I could do my masters in Canada and then use the graduate visa instead? I find the canadian uni pages realllyyyy confusing, I wish all Uni's were the same LOL
      Vanessa

      Delete