Wednesday 25 December 2013

All I want for Christmas: Direction.

First off merry christmas everyone!
Now on to the serious stuff. I'm having some second thoughts, not about going, but about my degree choice. The bachelor of applied science in human biology has being abolished and replaced with the bachelor of Biomedical science instead-now I've done a bit of research and it seems biomed is a leg up into medicine or other allied health postgrads and with just the biomed degree you can do research (which I haven't found much info on, but I don't think I want to do that), now I don't want to do medicine so it seems to make more sense to do a bachelor in something like Environmental health/science which has good job prospects straight out (including high overseas demand) and also is a good pathway into postgrad if I want in the future......I'm not sure what to do. My mum can't really help much as she has no idea either way, my sister wants me to do the same as her so she's hardly impartial and I have no one else to ask *pulls hair out* My post on the education board has had a few replies (including someone politely pointing out that rude poster was an idiot, thank you!) mostly saying that enviro is definitely the best way to go with high demand and a good variance of fields in which to work. I guess what I really need is a career guidance person, but since I don't have one of those feel free to weigh in with your opinions please :) I'm not going to rush my decision cause I usually end up regretting it, luckily both course share a pretty similar first year so I could possibly transfer mid-year. And the there's the whole exchange confusion to top it all off. Lovely.
I'm horribly conflicted and confused about everything lately, I feel like I'm never going to get anywhere. That I should just pack it in and accept my lot. But I have a horrible stubborn streak and I don't want to. I want to look back on a life lived. I feel so far behind that I won't ever catch up :(
It makes me really moody, which my mother notices of course, I tried to explain it to her (minus the boy  thing) and it made her feel bad, like she failed me somehow, which just makes me fell worse all round-cause I'm not blaming her I just want her to understand: all I want is to normal: that's it, I don't want to be rich or famous or a rocket scientist, I just want to have fun and friends, get married, have kids, travel. But maybe that's not normal either. How many of these things do normal people actually do? I have no frame of reference at all. How many friends do 'normal' people have?
My new years resolutions is to try and be more bold, say yes more, have fun. Maybe this jacket would help:
pink moto




 Anyway that's all for now, good-afternoon, good-evening  and goodnight :)
Vanessa

2 comments:

  1. That's a very pretty jacket. Love the colour too. I think it's great that the 2 courses you are looking at have overlapping 1st year courses. I think you should start the courses and then maybe you can talk to your lecturers and the uni's career services people to see what your options are. You can apply for a transfer after that. You have time, so don't have to worry about making a decision now. See how it goes. Hope you are having a good christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is cute isn't it :)
      Thanks for the advice.
      Hope you have a happy xmas too :)
      Vanessa

      Delete